Calling All Danske Residents.

Namely, Nick B. ;)

My lady-friend is going back to Kalundborg/Holbaek to finish her studies, but the surprise is: I will be father to a little Viking at the end of the year.
This in turn, means that a) I'll be in Danskeland in July and B) I may be moving up there when my contact in Lux is finished.
I've heard horror stories about registering a vehicle up there (so the Merc will be sold), but how does it work for our ancient piles of rust?
I'd like to keep the TC (and the Vitesse, if ever I get the tub back), but is it likely to cost me an arm, leg and lung?

Cheers for any insight you could provide ;)

Sorry, on my way to bed now - but no problem with the old iron, as long as its more than 35 years old. Depending on the condition of your lungs too...

You will have to pay duty and tax as if it was new (but calculated from the original price). Will try to find out aprox how much later.

Oh, and then: Best wishes with the family increase  :) 

Thanks chaps (I think...), indeed life will get a lot more complicated. I should be used to it now ;)

Cheers JMH. It will be interesting to know what the surtax was back in 1975 (and 1967, if I ever finish the convertible).
I guess if everything goes wrong, I'll end up in a house in Bornholm and buy a bicycle :P

Will try to find out. Avoid Bornholm, it's full of rocks - and no one has ever escaped that island.

I always wanted to sell it to the Russians :whistling:

Edited by JMH

Good question as to duty/import tax....

there is an online calculator on skat.dk and also an archive of previously imported vehichles.... I haven't figured out how it works though..

Like JMH I am also a Saloon owner (2 X MKII 2000) so please move up here and join the Triumph Saloon Movement :-)

The main objective of the Saloon movement is to one day scrap a TR6 and pinch the engine and OD gearbox...

Over the years Saloon karma has been disrupted by numerous TR owners killing big Saloons for their valuable organs... We (the Movement) hope to set the record straight :cigar:

For extra bonus points get the Vitesse on the road (these are quite rare here)

Hi Gerard,

Did find a price for a 2000 from april 1975 - do have a pdf, but you will have to pm your email if you want a copy (you will need this, if you want to bring the car with you).

According to this, prise was 61.497 dkr, and  you pay 40% of this - aprox 25.000 dkr.

No duty, as its imported from EU.

There is a registration fee (from memory about 1.600 dkr) for the numberplates and paperwork - and an additional fee if fuel consumption is greater than 16km / l (18 km / l for diesel) The additional expense is 1000 kr per km / ltr the car is running less than these limits.

The general rule is there is no rule for this!!

But for old cars they often calculate mpg from weight: In the absence of reliable data on this anywhere, you have in these cases chosen an equally unreliable method to calculate the consumption of the vehicle weight (- and yes - you read it right!)
Consumption determined in liters  pr. 100 km as the sum of a fixed component of 3 liters pr 100 km plus a variable element of 0.5% of the cars weight.

Lets say the weight is 1000 kg:

(3 + 0.5% x 1000) = 8 liters / 100km
- Converted to km / L will be 100/8 = 12,5 km / l
The tax surcharge is so (16 - 12,5) x 1,000 kr = 3500 kr

Thats about it. Sounds expensive, but...

A very good 2000 mk 2  will cost you about 50.000 dkr but very rare to find in DK in good condition - just ask Daniel (aka spitmkIIIDK) above.

You can get a fixed price calculated from the authorities via their homepage - contact me if you want any help.

(Kidnapping and dismembering TR6's? YES we can!!! B) )

Edited by JMH