Dhla H Jetting For 1520Cc 4Cylinder

megamannz

Hi all, 

I have a set of never used DHLA H factory turbo (but not the tri jet) twins which I am about to fit to my Corolla engine, it's a 1520cc, 10:1 comp, 240deg cam, and a few other bits and pieces.

My question is about these carbs..

I'm in Australia and most people I speak with over here just say I should find some DHLA pre pollution carbs as they are better and that the Dellorto emission types are a waste of time as they are always lean in the progression phase and I will not have any success. I have read about how they work with a 59-62 idle jet and the way they draw from the main stack and then back feed once the main starts to operate, but people in Aus do not seem to have the same opinion and no success with them.

I would like to use the carbs as they are in like new condition and I will eventually be using a blow through supercharger setup. 

I know I will need to swap out the emulsion tubes for something like 8-10-11, and the top vent covers too.

Has anyone had any success with these cabs over your way? should I bother with them or just give up before even fitting them? Any suggested jetting?

Currently

Idle 62 

Main 140

Air 230

Pump 35

Cheers!

post-2670-0-96451400-1431070373_thumb.jpg

Hello megamannz,

i have work with Dellorto Emission Carbs Type F on a tuned 1600 Alfa Romeo North Engine.

I can´t believe it but at least the perfect Setting will be like for the original 2,0 Liter North Engine.

Main approx 143 / 144 ( drilled)

Idle Jet 60 ( you have to use the Emission Idle Jet Holder! )

Air Jet 210

Emulsion Tube .8

Pump Jet 33

Auxillary .3

Float Level in the bowl will  29 mm

I hope that helps

Tell us about the results

Regards

Pablo