Sign in to follow this  
Nick Jones

Soot Monster

Doing the 310.000 now in my Soot V70 D5. But only km not miles. Changed oil and gearbox oil yesterday. Gearbox does not like to go into reverse. And the clutch pedal is creaking. Annoying. I sprayed a lot of white maintenance spray where the mechanism is, but limited success. Seems to be a well known issue of V70ies.

So at the start of this thread just 5 years (and 55k) ago, I was moaning about strange handling and in the end after changing many things at the front, the principle culprit was both the rear axle trailing arm bushes being shot to bits.

I once again have the very-fidgety-in-a-straight-line handling issue. This got notably worse after that last 12 car rally but was doing it a bit before. I’ve been poking at it again today and can’t find a lot wrong at the front. One of those trailing arm bushes is shot to bits again though :mad:

This does not make me happy as it’s a horrible job. They were supposedly OE quality bushes too (Boge) but have only survived 1/5th the mileage of the originals.

On 1/30/2020 at 4:46 PM, Nick Jones said:

They were supposedly OE quality bushes too (Boge) but have only survived 1/5th the mileage of the originals.

Checked with Audi last week. OE NLA....... and £ 92 (!! :pinch:) each anyway.  Nothing special - just a 50mm diameter void bush.  Most parts other than service items NLA for the C4 platform now apparently.