I Finally Replaced The Citroën...

Gerard

With something really practical :)

It's old, it's heavy, it's thirsty by today's standards, but with the mileage I'm doing at the moment, I couldn't care less.

So a Mercedes Viano 2.2 CDI. Seven seats, five of which are removable (though bloody heavy) leaving a huge cargo space.

Perfect for dragging all the gear to concerts, moving the double bass and hauling lumps of Triumph. Yes... I still intend to rebuild the Vitesse and tidy the saloon... if I ever find somebody vaguely reliable in this country full of hypocrites (or am in a position to buy a house, I think that's more likely).

It can get from Luxembourg to Denmark on one tank too. Nice :D

I haven't washed it yet... it's too bloody big. I'll have to bite the bullet and go to a car wash for the first time in years, hehe.

post-677-0-59779000-1416510524_thumb.jpg

Oh, if you suddenly don't have a place to stay, you are very welcome here  B)

(had a Belgian girlfriend years ago, but I wouldn't relocate to Brussels - so goodbye to her  :kiss:  )...

Edited by JMH

It can get from Luxembourg to Denmark on one tank too. Nice :D

I haven't washed it yet... it's too bloody big. I'll have to bite the bullet and go to a car wash for the first time in years, hehe.

Don't you need it to get from Luxembourg to Denmark and back on one tank.  IIRC, fuel in Luxembourg is very reasonable and fuel in Denmark...... isn't.

I washed the soot monster today (my rude remarks above notwithstanding)  Perhaps the second time this year.  It was so filthy it was slowing it down....  I washed the Arosa as well - turns out it is silver!  Chris hoovered them both out in exchange.  The hoover is now much heavier.

Nick

Oh, if you suddenly don't have a place to stay, you are very welcome here  B)

'tis noted... may be popping up sometime in spring 2015 ;)

Don't you need it to get from Luxembourg to Denmark and back on one tank.  IIRC, fuel in Luxembourg is very reasonable and fuel in Denmark...... isn't.

True, that would be better, but for comparisons sake, I'd have to stop four times with the 2500... and I'd still rather buy the old dizzloil in Denmark than the UK (I filled up in the Bundesrepublik before crossing the border though).

I'm enjoying it... it's a soot monster too... Boot the gas and the shiny BMW sat on your tail always backs off :D

Nick, as you are a man with offspring, I'd have thought this would be a monthly chore for them to grumble about? ;)

I'm enjoying it... it's a soot monster too... Boot the gas and the shiny BMW sat on your tail always backs off :D

Nick, as you are a man with offspring, I'd have thought this would be a monthly chore for them to grumble about? ;)

Stop 4 times with the 2500..... yeah - that puts in in perspective!  I always have this problem when taking the Vitesse any distance.  Sootmonster will do at least 600 miles on a tank and possibly 900 in ideal conditions (there is a gent on one of the Audi forums who claims over 1000 but I'm not sure I'm believing him!).  Vitesse - well, we did crack 320 once (only once, under VERY favourable conditions!), 250 - 260 is good going normally.

Oh yes, my sootmonster can make the road disappear or rather, it could - before I disabled the EGR system!  Smoke reduction by removing the emissions stuff :blink: - go figure?

My offspring unfortunately inherit one of my characteristics - avoidance of things they don't like doing.  Chris did at least hoover both cars out as some sorth of exchange. Apparently he is developing some sense of duty, but he prefers hoovering to washing......  The other one used to fight for the honour of washing my car(s) but now prefers to ride his bike or wash it.  It does look better for its wash (as does the Arosa) but the wash turned out to be badly timed as we had our first proper frost of the season last night and all the locks froze....... :pinch:

Nick