New Member - 40+ Years Racing Spitfires

rekrace

Hi All,

As in the title, I have been racing, and improving the Spitfire for over 40 years.  I am a Mechanical Engineer, retired after being involved with the redesign of the Chrysler Hemis and Dodge Viper engines.

One of my favorite sayings "That happened to me ONCE".  Then I redesigned whatever broke on my Spit and it has not broken since.  Examples: I was one of the first to have a gear reduction starter for Spits, Improved front vertical upright eliminating the front trunions, Roller rocker arms with caged needle bearings, Hardened rocker shaft, Billet rocker shaft stands, Rear disc brake conversion, Aluminum gear box, Dog ring gear box that is a bolt in assembly, and a rear suspension setup that eliminates all jacking forces.  I have a pretty complete machine shop that includes mill, lathe, surface grinder, hoist, mig, tig, plasma cutter, sheetmetal brake, flow bench, and engine dyno.

I found this site while looking at some posts on the FOT site. 

I look forward to helping others with any problem that they may have.  I do not have a web site because I did not want to get too busy working on customer projects but am willing to offer advice. 

Ron Krantz

ReK Racing

post-2244-0-01254500-1414419252_thumb.jpg

post-2244-0-65487400-1414419281_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...