Sign in to follow this  
Martin

Herald (Vitesse) Estate Project

Good luck with that....... I'm still looking.  There's a thread on here and CT about it with various suggestions - none of which I liked enough to try.  Your um, alternative, heater arrangements may help by freeing up bulkhead space though?

Nick

2 hours ago, Martin said:

ready for filling the engine bay; waiting for some victim that helps to remove the bonnet.

Martin,

You have a "LoadLeveller" so that you can controllably tilt the engine gearbox combo.

With that, it's not necessary (despite the manuals) to remove the bonnet to get that massive load in or out of the engine bay.   You do need to be able to lift it high, though.

Here's a picture sequence that shows how I do it.    I lift the weight froma massive roof beam in my garage.

Engine out sequence.mix

Engine out sequence.jpg

Edited by JohnD

3 hours ago, Martin said:

ready for filling the engine bay; waiting for some victim that helps to remove the bonnet.

I normally go the victim route! :yes:

Just a quick observation whilst you can get at it, I think I can see a piece of rag stuffed in around the clutch lever arm?  As I suspect like me you have found that that hole is rather like a black hole that attracts dropped nuts and bolts into the bell housing. Last time I cut a square of old inner tube rubber put a split in it and dropped it over the lever arm so it covers the hole, it moves back and forwards with the arm and isn't stuck down, but just about keeps the hole covered so that when your working on the engine after installation and just happen to drop the rear manifold nut for example it doesn't drop down an unerringly find the hole!

Alan

16 hours ago, Martin said:

Allways an excellent moment!