Sign in to follow this  
Martin

Herald (Vitesse) Estate Project

Fun, fun, fun!  :unsure:

Did you make it?  My wife made one for my Herald saloon using the old one as a pattern - came out really well and wasn't too bad to fit (Many clothes pegs!)

Nick

Yeah...... I do occasionally ponder the "heater issue".  The original offering is fairly crap, even with the core rodded / flushed and a Golf blower and is very bulky.  As you know I now have a MkIV Sit one to consider mounting under the dash..... no small job that!

I also look at this site occasionally.......

http://www.t7design.co.uk/products.html

..... but looks like Martin found his somewhere else?

Nick

polishing took a while, yes and making some new boards from plywood a lot of drilling and a lot of riveting ......

Whereas the carpet was on the boards quickly and looks so much better than paint and hides any imperfections where I repaired  ....

I think the rust will show up after some time again, but re-chroming is by far too expensive.

Martin

post-819-0-62573000-1499946233_thumb.jpeg

sorry Nick, coming back to the heater, it was from car builder solutions (heat4). Design seems to have changed  recently but the T7 TS400 looks like the blower that is used in my heater (had a Spal sticker).

We were on holiday in Kent near Bethersden this May, and incidentally we passed by that company when visiting a garden :yes: I swear, just by chance we passed by.

Martin

I admit the chance was "influenced".

Reason was that on the continent I was not able to find any 45mm fuel filler hose which I need to connect the tank to the tank filler pipe.

Now I do have enough for some more Estates :D

Martin

Yes, they are very useful.  Mine (small, bench one) came from a skip.  It mostly works but has some "personality" at times.

Nick

Nick, seems I have a gap to sell. RH side fits very well, but ...LH I have no idea what´s wrong.

And to delight me, while mounting the reverse lamp, the glass from the Vitesse MKII reverse lamp slowly slided out of the lamp and via the chair fell to the floor. O.k. dustpan, handbroom, when is the next Stoneleigh?

Martin

Sorry, outside gap no longer for sale. After changing the LH hinge from the new stanpart to the used stanpart one and using somepiece of Wood and a hammer, now the outside gap is o.k.ísh.

rear hatch fits nicely at the upper and lower rubber seal. It fits nicely at the RH seal BUT not at the LH side. Why?

Martin

post-819-0-98574700-1504251625_thumb.jpeg

. It fits nicely at the RH seal BUT not at the LH side. Why?

Martin remember this is a Triumph not a BMW, panel gaps new were notoriously bad! However you are doing a stunning job of turning a Sow's Ear into a Silk Purse!

@ JC: will inspect the Estate in Birkenfeld, have a good trip

@ Alan: thanks, but silk purse? hmm, already by far too many trade offs done if you have a closer look. But I agree it should be a nice car for travelling when ready

Martin

Rotoflex vertical link.  The pads that the wishbone bushes bear against are often damaged - either by corrosion or the violence needed to remove the bolt stuck in by corrosion.

There are early and late versions of the link (though TBQH I'm not sure which way round they are).  One is as shown with pads for the brim of the top-hat wishbone bushes to bear on, the other has no pads and is narrower to allow the pad to be formed by a thick washer.  Eliminates the problem Martin is dealing with but the bolt is more prone to corrosion due to the extra water ingress path.

Nick