On 2/14/2019 at 8:45 PM, spitfire6 said:

Hi,

Anybody running a mineral 20W50 oil in their daily Triumph? Interested in a miller oil check to compare?

Cheers,

Iain.

friend does a lot of miles in his 13/60. And that runs off straight 30 oil (out the tap where he works) and has done for the last 150K.

Would that be of any use? not sure when he last did an oil change. And the car doesn't get driven hard, just every single day. For the last 20+ years. And runs on lpg.

Hi ZetecSpit,

Hi if your friend has 3000 miles or whatever the maximum service interval that would be good. That will then be the last kit to give away as others are going.

Check with your mate and let me know if he will like to do it.

Cheers,

Iain.

No probs. I will see him tomorrow (we are welding a vitesse floorpan to thin air...)

Not sure when he last changed the oil. If he can't remember that should be good enough....

Hi,

fitted an oil/air separator with drain back to the sump.

I know it looks "spawn of gash". Thanks.   I will order some HC safe silicone hose & attempt to get rid of all the inline fittings I used as could not find a long piece of 1/2" ID hose.

I am taking the hopefully dry air + HC from the engine via the separator & piping it to the idle control valve.

Filtered air to the engine is from the plenum and piped into the top of the rocker box in usual place.

My idle speed has not changed so I guess I am taking the max HC + air mix possible at idle?

Off idle I assume I have a lot of gas flow thru the engine? Too much and I need to fit a PCV valve somewhere?

I have an idle control valve (3 wire & TSO) that I could fit to a spare inlet on the separator to control internal engine absolute pressure? Do I need to bother? 

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Iain.

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

2 hours ago, spitfire6 said:

Hi,

fitted an oil/air separator with drain back to the sump.

I know it looks "spawn of gash". Thanks.   I will order some HC safe silicone hose & attempt to get rid of all the inline fittings I used as could not find a long piece of 1/2" ID hose.

Iain.

My fellow simian!

You are too modest.    I would have waffled on about "doubled flame arrestors" and the speed of gas aspiration, or something.    Is there anything in the can, or is it just a condensor?

John

Hi,

I thought it was funny enough in a picture. LOL

Quite small, hence the need for a straight drain back.

I left the machined & perforated plate fitted to accelerate the lighter O2 molecules to increase combustion efficiency at all speeds and humidity levels.

The sintered bronze deal would cost more than they sell for.

Cheers,

Iain. 

IMG_1591.jpg