Stainless Bumpers

pomwah

These are a very good fit and very good quality. They fit the same as standards. I had a set a while back, unfortunately my mounting brackets were bent badly and the rears were never fitted to my car but they had been test fitted to another which they fitted very well. I since sold them on ebay about 2 years ago I think as I like the bumperless look.

Chris.

Nice one Chris, too many beasties running the roads out here in rural Australia to even consider a bumper-less car.

Do you remember what they weighed compared to stock?

Cheers, James

Edited by pomwah

I got them and must say they are worth the money but not more.

They are made in far East and that is what you see id you look closer.

The weight is just from remembering more than one third less than stock

and they are made quite coarse and than brought into shape

what was made than really perfect.

What remains is the nasty look at the edges which do not form smooth and straight

but somewhere there might be a little imperfection what you can see

when you look from above into the slit between bumper and car body.

Holes to fit are coarse, the welding is poor and inside color is full of tears.

Most of these imperfections can not be seen outside and compared to my old bumper

which was a British reproduction with nearly all parts as standard but the chrome

with scratches in the sun due to too coarse polishing this stainless is better

because from outside (and that is what the people see) it is much better.

Also the holes in the rear bumper to connect the three parts

are not made to template and the bumper has a slight different shape.

That leads to the result that I could not fit the plastic gaskets between

middle and outer parts.

Last the holes for the early license plate light are not drilled complete and

you have to drill the holes for the bolts. That is a pain!

What remains is a very shiny bumper that looks great when new

a proper service and to make the decision if you want a stainless bumper at all

because it looks more yellow than chrome and gets very easy scratches

one can not get out that easy as advertised.

Polishing stainless to that shine of the works look is difficult.

Gentlemen, this (below) is the response to my email query about the bumpers. Refreshingly honest I thought ........ and containing some useful information. I think I'll follow it up, (maybe a quick holiday is in order, one of the "cheapseat" airlines servicing Australia is offering deals on flights to HCMC) as well as getting a quote to re-chrome the originals which, unfortunately, are not all that straight. Thanks for the input.

Cheers, James.

email follows......

Thank you very much for your interest in our products.

The price for a complete set of the Triumph Spitfire Mk2 bumpers is
GBP 658 including shipping

Group Harrington is a British owned and managed company with satellite office in Bath and production base in Ho Chi Minh City/Vietnam. While smaller parts are sent out from Bath/UK, larger parts such as the Triumph Spitfire bumpers are sent directly from Vietnam to our worldwide customers.

Saying this- the bumpers do not include VAT. We do, however, send the bumpers with a DDP (delivery duty paid) stamp, which means that we pay for all arising duties and taxes. The above mentioned price is an all-in price for you.

Please note that there are two types of front over-riders – one type is for the Spitfire MK1/MK2 and one type is for theGT6 MK1 (the bumper itself is the same for both models).

You can find photos of both types of original front over-riders below (these are the over-riders we use as patterns for reproductions – our over-riders are exact replicas). As you will see, the shape of both over-rider types is exactly the same, but the cut-outs and the location of the mounting stud of the Spitfire MK1/MK2 and GT6 MK1 over-riders are different. Also, one of the corners of MK1/MK2 over-rider is flanged while both the corners of the GT6 MK1 over-riders are round.

image001_zps7c7f4b5c.jpg

image002_zpsbfca1fc8.jpg

The easiest way to find out which type is correct is to measure your original over-riders as shown in photos below. As you will see the distance from the bolt to the lower edge of the over-riders is 10.5 cm for the GT6 MK1 and 8 cm for the MK1/MK2. The distance from the end of the cut out to the lower edge is 6.5cm for the GT6 MK1 and 5cm for the MK1/MK2.

image003_zpsfdccccf4.jpg

image004_zps9964ff93.jpg

Both types of over-riders will come with the inner bracket, but without the holes shown in photo below.

image005_zps4f3e1c9a.jpg

Please confirm that you need the Triumph Spitfire MK1/Mk2 over-riders,

We can have the bumpers ready for shipping within 15-20 working days after receipt of payment. Shipping is with DHL airfreight which only takes 3-4 days straight to your door.

With regards to payment - we accept Paypal, Bank transfer, Credit Card. In case you decide to order, please let me know which method you prefer, I will then send you more details

Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Thao

Nguyen Huong Thao

Sales & Marketing Executive, Group Harrington

Tel: +44 121 288 1250

Fax: +44 122 543 0271

Triumph Spitfire MK1/MK2 and Triumph GT6 MK1 bumpers:

image006_zps1e0da41a.jpg

image007_zpsb6950704.jpg