2013 Waumandee Hillclimb In Wisconsin On September 20-22

MN68Sprite

Well done! If that was you driving. Gosh, that would be a quick road, if it wasn't for the chicanes.

How long is it - 2 miles or so?

Sad, but I suppose I'll never get to join you!

Not in competition but just for more hill climbing, here's an attempt of mine at our local Hill Climb, Barbon.

Shortest in the UK, but like yours, what a location!

John

Barbon looks like fun. A short course indeed, but a beautiful view from the top and a great collection of vehicles.

The Waumandee course is 1.9 miles long. The fastest time last year was 2:16, in Jeremy's highly modified blue Spitfire that you see in the video. Other competitors' vehicles can be seen at the end of the clip when Jeremy pulls into the paddock at the top of the hill. I placed he haybale chicanes strategically to slow drivers down in the straight sections. The event is run through our Minnesota Austin-Healey Club and we get a nice mix of vintage cars.

Second fastest up the hill was this 1968 Chevrolet Camaro. His one-handed steering scares me:

We also had a couple Merlyns, but they weren't trying as hard as Jeremy in the Spitfire or Ryan in the Camaro:

Very nice, Pete! Tres Belle!

And another in a lovely setting - hillclimbs in general are so much nicer than the semi-industrial environs of a race circuit.

And thanks MN68! Seems you have started a thread for hill climb videos - more! More!

John

PS Mn68 - please! a real name? J.