A New Daily Driver Alfetta

motov8id

I have a somewhat long commute so I bought a comfortable GT. I owned a V6 Alfetta and an Alfetta sedan but 20 years ago . My brother left his spider with me to sort before shipping to Hawaii and I decided to get another Alfa. I have been looking for about a year and found a beauty in my back yard

post-657-0-22366400-1357783608_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-22114800-1357783619_thumb.jpg

Alfetta's are awesome, I was lucky in that we had one (a '76) right about the time I got my drivers license.

Learned how to drive in it. Then learned how to drive fast in it.

We hade a some killer ansa or monza exhast on there, and you could here that sweet sound coming from miles away

A fella can have a lot of fun in one of those.

The only gauge in front of the driver is the tach as it should be. The trans is crunchy. I have the up shift technique down but never down shift into 2nd. It won't work. Everything about driving the car is great and you get use to driving with your arms straight out to the steering wheel.

If you can, get the gearbox rebuilt, They're fine once that's done.

As a word of warning, a friend spent a fortune restoring his GTV6 (allegedly the first registered in Luxembourg, or something) but completely ignored the gearbox, which one sunny day exploded leaving a shower of tiny oily metal bits all over a very busy main road...