Dhla Carbs - But Which Ones?

avantgarde

Hi all, this is my first post so here goes.

I've just bought my first pair of Dellorto DHLA 40's in order to fit to my newly aquired 1500 Triumph Spitfire.

The two questions I need to ask is where do I look on the carbs to find out which type I have - eg C,D,E,F,G,H,L,M,P,R,S,T? I can't see anything other than DELLORTO and DHLA 40 stamped on them. I just want to be sure of what I've got.

The other question is that the pair should be matched but I can't see any numbers to verify this.

Any help for a newby would be greatly appreciated.

I shall be asking loads more questions in the not too distant future like choosing the correct chokes, idle jets, main jets etc.

I'm in the process of restoring my Spitfire so I'm not in too much of a rush. I just want to get it right first time.

Many thanks in advance.

Kevin.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Nick, thanks for the reply.

As you can see there is a "B" on one carb and "A" on the other. The serial numbers on one starts '61... and the other starts '62...

So would I be right in saying these carbs are not matched?

post-1769-0-59972800-1357491537_thumb.jpgpost-1769-0-35978900-1357491557_thumb.jpgpost-1769-0-91337300-1357491648_thumb.jpgpost-1769-0-01799400-1357491666_thumb.jpgpost-1769-0-54795800-1357491739_thumb.jpg

Any help in identifying these carbs etc would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Kevin

• 2 months later...

Hi Kevin,

These carbs could be used as a pair. The carbs as shown in the bottom photo are set up reversed. Reverse the way the carbs are setting and the throttle linkages will mesh together and allow the carbs to be used as a pair. Both carbs are early carbs, not the emission type. My dellortos are the emission type (G) and are a pair. Serial numbers on the castings are 100# apart.

• 8 months later...