laser/water cutting

Not that it'll do you much good in the UK, but Custom Cut here in Salmon Arm, BC, Canada does one-offs for me all the time at a really reasonable price; they have a water jet. My last piece was a 1/2" thick piece of stainless he cut into a header flange manifold. Cost me $70 CAD including material (about 45 GBP). All the 1/4" CRS plate for my motor mounts, cut to my doodles, was $60 CAD (~39 GBP) - not including the little piece of square tube I got from the crop bin at work  ;D

I draw my parts in Autocad or Solidworks, and email him a .dxf of the part, 1:1, as well as a .pdf with a few dimensions on it, just so he can check size in him CAM program.

There is a company down the street who does laser cutting, but they tend to be a bit more money and the cut isn't as clean. Water is nice because there is no heat introduced.

just had some toughened 19mm glass cut for bespoke worktops, cost £3450  where everyone else wanted 5k plus,  (I think glass cost was 2800, polishing and colour 350 and the rest was waterjetting),  They always seem to be cheaper then anyone else, but have a 3 week leadtime. If you call them speak to a chap called Wayne,

Got first quote back from a random place I found online called "Accujet"- £32+VAT and delivery - 4mm mild steel and the parts are to fabricate a strut brace (only the bits that sit on top of the struts) - so two rings and some angled pieces to create the mount for the rod ended bar.