Triumph Spitfire Gt6 Front Spoiler

CHRIS211083

Ok guy's Ive spoken to Graham at T6 Fabrications and we have come up with some numbers.

Here is the spoiler we are wanting to do.

398_3247.jpg

Ok so we would firstly need to get an original spoiler. Im gonna try to get the Swiss race team owner to send an original to Graham at T6.

This will reduce the production costs. Now 15 would be the smallest amount we could produce and Graham said that they would cost about £100 each.

Iam willing to take four so I have some spare and I'm thinking of bribing the original owner with One as a thank you for sending the original one over. I'm planning to cover the transport costs to and from the original owner so all thats needed now is To find out who else would potentially want one for about £100+ delivery. In total we would need to sell another 10 so please stick your name down and I'm going to start trying to negotiate with the original's owner. I really want to make this work out as I think it really belongs on the T6. As I'm sure you have noticed I will be loosing out (financially) alot on this so we can actually get it done. Fingers crossed.

Chris.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Guy's Herby(the spoiler owner) is up for this!!!!!!

However there is one problem.........Herby needs his for this years racing season. This season finishes in October at which point he will contact me and then send the spoiler to Graham to make a mold. The mold will take 2 months to be made and dry so we are looking at December for the finished products to be dispatched. The money for the spoilers will need to be collected in October so Graham can buy the materials. Without the cash he wont start as less then 15 and he will struggle to break even. If everyone is willing to do this then please put your name on this new list and how many you would like.

Herby also told me that he made a shorter type front spoiler too so I've asked for photo's of this compared to the original. Will post as soon as they arrive.

Cheers all, Better late then never.

Chris.

Name No.

Chris211083.....................5

May be able to help here. Looking at the car in question it looks like it races in the German Triumph Series. Worth checking if his last race is on 19th - 21st October at the Nuerburgring. If so I may be racing there that weekend and if so could bring it back with me so as to save some carriage. Only provisionally booked at the moment but worth checking later in the season.

Pete Richards

Its a bit of a no brainer for graham, surely he can do you guys a bit better deal as at the end of it he has a mould for a spoiler he can sell on to others

Im trying to think about how much modifications i would have to make for a 1500 as far as i can remember its just the hinge boxes isn't it?

well the bonnet shut line on the mkiv is higher up above the bumper,whereas the mkiii is lower more like at the chassis crossmember,unless you intend to use the same bonnet of course there will be quite a gap unless you are bonding it onto the quarter valences.if they also made a purpose one for the late models i would be interested too,..no,i would definitly have one.

The spoilers were originally made by the guy who makes those doors I sold. The original spoilers were dual layer composite with sandwich foam. I doubt the batch of "rip-offs" will match the durability and quality of the originals as they came from AirBus composite supplier. £100 about right. The Originals were about twice that cost.

Hopefully Olaf won't object the design is his and technically he could sue graham.