Megajolt, Remind Me Please

I'm still not happy with the way my GT6 runs and I am now looking at the ignition side of things. It feels as if it is not advancing properly as it seems alright up to 3k rpm, but is rough afterwards.

With the ignition system turned on and the engine stopped it has a load reading of 102KPa

Tick over on a warm engine, approx. 60 KPa

When I jump on the throttle it maxes out to 102KPa

On the over-run, throttle shut and going down hill, approx 45KPa

I'm concerned that these reading don't seem quite right to me, but I can't remember what it was like the last time I had the computer plugged in. Comments are welcomed.

jlt_scrn.jpg

I have disconnected the vacuum line from the manifold and sucked hard on it, to see the load gauge go down to 30KPa.

Those vac readings sound reasonable to me Steve.

Might be worth getting your timing light out and making sure that the timing is actually changing. Just because you can see the numbers moving on the screen doesn't mean that the message is getting back to the EDIS to alter the firing point......

Nick

Thanks for the confirmation guys, I'll giveit another run out tonight to see how it behaves with the new ignition leads and different plugs. I seem to remember from last night that the problem wasa lot worse after half an hour or so, perhaps it could have been the old ignition leads breaking down at temperature?

I think I may have sorted the problem and it may have been fuelling related after all. There was not enough space behind the fuel metering unit for the end of the excess fuel cable to go, so it was not shutting off completely. I have trimmed down the cable and it runs a lot better now.