Hurricane development

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goods news.

Did you ever the article, I think it might have been in PPC, about the Hurricane with big engine put into it with lots of trick parts on it? Nice carbon splitter on the front too.

Is the Megajolt kit from Autosport Labs the one you use with the ford EDIS and coil pack. I was thinking of converting my spitfire a couple of years ago when I met Josh Bowler at the retro car magazine day at Santa Pod. I got talking to him and looking over his spit when I realised the distributor was missing then he showed me the box in the glove box that was managing the ford electronic ignition. I got an EDIS and coil pack and then got sidelined with work on the GT6 and Vitesse. Is it a worthwhile Mod for those of you that have done it. It's something I would like to do.  

In a word YES ;D! Check out the Megajolt section here. There are a number of almost evangelical converts here- me amongst them. I reckon its the best after market up grade/add-on available: especially for the amount of outlay. And best of all, you can do it yourself for peanuts.

Quite happy to help out in anyway- there is loads of help on this site for this sort of thing :).

In that case I'll order one, not that I've already got enough things to get on with, making up a new exhaust for the GT6, cracking on with the Vitesse rear tub, suspension etc, and just got a MINI 1000 I bought for my 14 yo nephew a couple of years ago to strip and rebuild. did a great job in stripping. Just a bare shell now everything neatly boxed. Not so keen on rebuilding, other distractions (Girls) and a newly purchased Saxo for £600 apparently more street cred. The things he could have done to that Mini for £600. To be honest I had my eyes on it from the start so gave him some money to spend on body kits or whatever for the Saxo. I'll Probably suzuki swift it, or possible bike engine, R1 would be nice. But thats in the future. What I was going to ask is TPS the way you lads went? I am probably stick with SU's for now, maybe bike carbs a bit later. I was going to go for the ready built version, and the only other parts I can see I would need from the site would be the serial cable and mounting brackets. The trigger wheel etc I should be able to get over here. Am I missing anything?

Cheers

Think everyone has gone MAP rather than TPS.

If you can read and solder then get the home build kit, even if you aren't confident, one of us could build it up for you, save quite a bit.

There's a thread in the megajolt section that has a recommendation from Mother regarding serial cable from Maplin to use.

Trigger wheel from www.trigger-wheels.com

As an aside, just stuck a modified map on mine Saturday and it's got better again...  ;D

Mark

Luckily for me my best mate is a qualified electrical design engineer.

Think he should be able to nock me up the Megajolt kit in no time - Unlike me who applies the more solder the better approach to wiring

Have ordered the new version with the hard rev limiter (sounds like a good plan for a 1500 :D)

Also gone for the MAP version seems to make more sense

• 3 weeks later...

Not wanting to teach anyone to suck eggs- but take copius notes of what the settings were on arrival, what happens/results (good, bad or indifferent) at different settings there and the final settings when you leave.

You'll never remember evrything that happens on the day so write it all down at the time!!!!!!! ;D

Good luck. :)