My new car thread...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm.

I wouldn't mind a 525D Touring, but I'm missing 46000 Euro.

So I'm as likely to drive a beemer again as I am to get the above figure as a monthly salary

You're missing the point (on purpose probably).  You let someone else spend the €46,000 , then wait patiently while all their money evaporates away, then buy it for € 4,600 about 5 years later.  Or, if you're feeling really patient, € 460 10 years later.  Of course there are already lots of matured ones out there.....

Nick

You're missing the point (on purpose probably).

Me? (angel)

The fact is, you guys are actually quite lucky as cars depreciate quicker in the UK than over (click) here.

Good luck hunting Matt, but don't dismiss diesels just because of town driving. Torquey and frugal, they just sound shit :)

Had a chat with the guy, hes had it up for sale for a while, giving its past history it would be a pig to shift on as i suspect this is why he hasnt sold.

so i told him the price range i would be looking at if it was as described.

Wouldnt worry about the stolen/recovered thing, provided it's a solid car. Looks very presentable.

Air-Con says it hasn't had a life of total luxury, but the tool kit is still there.

You don't care about selling it on for �1000. It's a drive it into the floor car.

If I was looking for one, it was local i'd be there like a shot. They are great cars...I do like mine, parking is a total arse though, even at the supermarket the arse end is stuck out 1/2metre from any slots and you can NEVER find a space big enough :) Feel very secure and safe it in though :) Grips the road like a beast, ace in this weather.

Well that was a waste of time, car was rusted to hell, arches were gone, all four of them, bootlid was rusted, bonnet was missing half its laquer not just a bit. Drivers door was knackered bodged to hell. Engine oil was still emulsified despite 10 miles of driving.

Shame cause from a distance it looked nice.

Local garage owner used to have a c plate 525e.  He had it for years and years, loved it.  It was high (260ish k) mileage when he got it in the early 90s and it finally died in 2006 (of terminal rust mind, not mechanicals) at just shy of 500k!  It did get it's oil changed though.  I was there one day when he was trying to work out how many tyres it had had.......

Nick