New Mota.

Jony

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe you might.............but dont forget your the one who is going to do the fine tuning on my car so it would look bad ;D

look even worse when you get overtaken by some yoof punk in a ity bitty spitfire ;):P ;D ;D ;D :K)

Yeah, She's a good un, and the bodywork's amazingly good. Only rust is a couple of stone chips. Would have been nice to have a 6 inside it but for the price and condition it was too good to pass up. Anyway it may be a good project for a transplant in the future.

There's not much rust on the underside either.

Shame I had to find this out after that dumkopf Resto tore the exhaust from the old beast while seeking the ultimate driving experience on a speed bump this afternoon.  Still, lying on the cold hard ground re-attaching it using shoelaces was fun, apparently.  ;D

You blithering Nincompoop!

The fact that the exhaust mount disintegrated whilst going over the speed bump was purely coincidental. In fact it helped by preventing it from coming apart on the M6.

And the only reason I went over the speed bump a little too quickly was because I was preoccupied with counting all the extra fingers everyone in Hickford has!

You blithering Nincompoop!

The fact that the exhaust mount disintegrated whilst going over the speed bump was purely coincidental. In fact it helped by preventing it from coming apart on the M6.

And the only reason I went over the speed bump a little too quickly was because I was preoccupied with counting all the extra fingers everyone in Hickford has!

Well if you insist on poisoning yourself with McDonalds on a Sunday afternoon in Hickford, aka Telford then you're going to see a few freaks.  It's no excuse for driving like a clumsy oaf.

To be fair, that exhaust mount was on its last legs, luckily it failed near a Halfords but there's still the small matter of reversing into that barrel at the pub. It certainly wasn't my fault. I suppose you'll blame the excitement of driving along in that little BMW convoy for that momentary lapse of attention?  You should have heard youself, rattling on about how drivers of scuzzy ordinary cars just didn't understand the BMW driving experience and how everyone should "Make vay for mein uberfunfenserieswagen".  I did think that the fake german accent was just a little step too far.

To be fair, I did see some people the correct number of fingers although I can't vouch for their toes. I think the area where Sorbs lives had the highest concentration. I even heard a child ask his father if Uncle mum was coming round.

Sorbs you halfwit. As a Vectron driver you will never understand the camaraderie between BMW drivers or the pure driving experience. I can only assume it was jealousy which provoked you to exit the car and offer to check there was space to reverse into, only to watch and laugh as I reversed into a barrel. I'll let it go this time since you own a Vectron.

......... Quite surprizing given the usual verbal diarrhoea you normally spout and the fact that you will never understand the driving "experience" in the same way us BMW drivers, but if you will insist on driving a frontwheel drive snoozemobile then there's no hope.

The problem with those Vectrons is that they are designed for people to get from A to B. Next thing you'll be getting your clothes from TK-Max............

Having spent the whole afternoon listening to you come out with belligerent nonsense as quoted above, it's hardly surprising I decided to exact my revenge by directing you into that barrel.  Muwahahahahahaha!

I did assume that you'd be using the mirrors as you backed into the space but you've clearly slipped in the BMW driving habits far more quickly than I anticipated.  I bet you'll stop using the indicators soon too........

I dread to think how many six fingered yokels you mowed down on the way home.

535i Sport - mint

Postby jakethesnake on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:09 pm

Here we have my beloved GENUINE 535i SPORT, factory sport body kit, Sport suspenion (30mm lower), limited slip diff, sports seats as a Sport should have. Other extras inc air con (fully working), sun roof, air bag, full on board computer, heated electric mirrors and all standard e34 stuff.

Ive owned this car since 2002 apart from selling it once 2 years ago only to buy back last year as missed so much. I have probably spent 12-15K over the years and have all receipts inc for performance top end rebuild. There is a huge folder full of service history and the service book has 16 stamps from before i bought it in 2002, all BMW dealers inc from when it lived in Greece for 2 years.

Please note these photos were taken a few months ago and dont show the new Sebring exhaust. The car is almost as clean still but will have aload of recent pics shortly if anyone wants them.

Mileage on e34 5 series isnt an issue and please dont let 200k put you off, its motorway mileage anyway but these were the best engineered BMW ever made

The engine is awesome, we rebuilt the top end, gas flowing the head and fitting a Schrick performance cam. Ive always changed the oil every 6k or less and coolent every year. Doesnt use a drop of oil or water. And I always drive around under 2500rpm until warm. Power is throughout the rev range and really does love to rev high with these mods. Combined with a manual box you get alot out of it. And with the LSD and fat tyes it has awesome traction and very rarely spins up even in the wet. Other mods inc a power boost valve, performance chip and full Sebring stainless steel exhaust (de catted).

Has Sigma Cat 1 alarm with cert for insurance, insurance group 16 makes insurance very cheap even for under 25s. Adrian Flux are best.

Car is running on 18" Rondells running 225s conti sport contact 3s on front and 245 eagle f1s on the rear, these were fitted around 2000 miles ago costing £500 (tyres that is)

This car drives more like its done 100k with none of the common handing problems/ shakes from the e34s. Come see for yourself.

Reckon I have £20000-£30000 worth of receipts for this car to prove its been loved.

Bad points - Paint - couple of small rust patches which I will get pics of asap, and small area on wing which needs touching up. Paint is thin and and needs polishing with red polish every now and then.

Wheels - NSF is curbed abit and others are starting starting to show age now but nothing a refurb couldnt sort not that they really need it.

Thats about it and the fact it runs slightly rough when started from cold but fine after 30 seconds or so and this is only a recent thing which is nothing bad.

Could go on alot more about this car but dont wanna bore you, any questions please contact me. Selling due to getting a 540i V8.

file.php?id=2579&mode=view

• 4 weeks later...

In typical style..... a total bargain :)

100quid plus £25 in fuel.

5x wheels 15" with 4 centre caps in pretty excellent condition.

Two brand new tyres with no wear, Two tyres with 6mm left and a spare with 5.5mm left. All tyres are "young" and fitted just 6months ago.

All KUHMO ECSTA KH11. These score one of the highest ratings at tiretest.com, 2.0. So are very good tyres!

So 5 wheels with great tyres, all the same type of tyre and all tyres in great nick.

Now I can "drive" my car, those Metric tyres were a concern, cause they have perished a bit, wobble on the front cause of the un-even wear and there's a chunk out the sidewall...

Next job will be done after the garage is clear, I'll have all the front suspension off to fit the lowering springs...Check it all over, replace any worn bits...tracking done...Then I'll be down to castle combe for the next action day :)

Could have gone for fancy wheels, but I like the "stock" look of the BBS wheels.

Nice.

Metric wheels.  Mental. What were they thinking.  My Metro had Metrics, the tyres cost a fortune.

Fuck.  My new motor will have 17"s.  Gone are the days of 40 quid quality brand tyres...... :(

Must say, the Kumhos I had on the Vectra were utter shite but maybe they work better on BMWs......

Let me know what you think of them.  Based on my experience I'd never, ever buy Kumho tyres ever again.  The ones on the vectra were Kumho Solus and were the worst tyres for wet grip I've ever experienced.  They were also some of the cheapest tyres I've ever bought so I suppose it's churlish to complain too much.  The only good thing about them is that they wore out quickly so I had an excuse to change them!  ;D  It's so much better on the Pirellis.

My mate had some sporty looking Kumho 205/50/16s on his old 2.0 Mondeo and swapped them to the back asap, fitted goodyears to the front, reckoned the Kumhos were dreadful for traction.

Keep us updated, perhaps I'm being unfair to Kumhos.   :-/

Be on tomorrow, to be fair, provided they go round and round they should be better than the powderised ~ dried out Dunlop SP Sports on there...They grip well (bar in snow) and they are well past it...(cracked and crazed!)...They cannot be worse than those tyres as they are very supple and fresh!

I gave the old tyres some shit on the way home and chunks of tread have gone missing on the front from the outer edge of the tread blocks....rather than wearing away the rubber is so fragile it just falls off :) Yet I am ok with the way they perform, wet, dry, grease, salt.

I shall go and give the old tyres some beans and report back after using the "new" ones.

Point of this mission is spending as little as possible to keep a "hack" on the road and spend the "real" money on the other car! So it's secured alteast 12months of tyre cost free motoring.... if I wanted the best I'd go and buy 4 Toyo R888's and some Yoko A048R :) Then 3000miles later I'd need some more....

I don't really drive this car "fast" anyway...I can't afford to have a fuel tanker following me @ 12mpg :) It does EAT fuel if you drive at full throttle using 5000-6500rpm all the time...you also quickly get into trouble...Gone are the days of "full throttle" town to town runs...roads are just too fking busy!

You want traction, buy a proper car :) REAR WHEEL DRIVE :)

I thought Maxxis only made MTB tyres but their car tyres are actually OK.  For a 2000 auto.

The TVR sounds a bit like my Mate's 380bhp ish Supra twin turbo.  The performance is just on another level altogether.  It's a 4 speed auto ;D  Wheelspin at 60 + mph on partial throttle, floor it at 90, it drops to 3rd - you're soon going faster than a maxed out 155mph limited Audi.........Private roads of course......

He fitted an adjustable traction control system to the Supra, bloody needs it!  He also ditched the aftermarket wheels and lowered, stiffened suspension fitted to the car when he bought in favour of the standard items, all in the name of finding a little more traction.

Tyres is arite by me, vast improvement! Just the job, plenty of grip and progressive and talkative...Like riding on shagpile carpet now...Smooth as silk, just floating along, steering is vastly improved from having equal tread side to side, ride less noisey and crashy also. Car improved ALOT today! I've nothing to compare the tyres too, but they provide ample grip on the BM, much harder to provoke sideways action on my local test runs...

I am enjoying my new wheels/tyres greatly...I hooned every roundabout and clear tight corner I came by today  ;D ;D ;D

Just need to find the correct pressures now. Probably helps they are 225 width...!