M5

sorbs

Wait till next year, or early 2013, they wont even be able to give them away......you want to buy load'a appreciating classic cars soon, when they have the balls to tell us the real state of the economy, that's after the slow stewed starter we have been lunching on recently via the drip-feed media systems, designed not to worry anyone into saving money ....Can't tell everyone we are doomed, can you, you gotta keep the delusion of recovery alive till its plainly obvious to anyone that we are in for a total life change, not just an economic blip.

Well best earn some money to pay some taxes to keep those fucking baby doomers next door in pension and health care.....they are the reason there is ZERO chance locals can buy houses here on average wages, talk about having your fucking cake and eating it, I'll still be paying for their lifestyle after I am dead and working without retirement (retirement sounds shit anyway).

The ONLY benefit they have is the marketing thats been AIMED firmly at dumb ass young consumers will be aimed firmly at babydoomers soon, cause there won't be any young people with any money, trust me....they can haul our ass out of recession, but they are probably too thrifty though, so more cake for them.

They are part of the reason there will be more cheap old motas about though :) Doesnt make me like them, any less.

Market will be FLOODED with credit cars soon, wait till house prices "re-adjust", read crash...Sadly there is no fucking way we will get rid of the doomers next door, they are losing money hand over fist, pensions, house, if they were younger they'd be flogging that kitcar, classic, big BMW as "reality" dawns.

There was a Caterham pool end of last year, real bargains, loads of owners flooded them on the market as they realised they'd been a real twat and built a deluded lifestyle based on credit ratings :) Lucky they were vac'ed up by Euro-advantaged Europeans, so noone noticed really.

BTW, the bits inbetween the booms are "reality"....look to buy now sell when the next boom(sorry, boom is called recovery by the media) starts. Look to buy cars that were iconic in the younger years of people currently in the 36-50 bracket (they are the only ones with money in the next 10 years and have some pension etc), look into solid low run 70's and 80's classics, big engines as they will be a legacy of the past etc?

Does "what's wrong with it?" cross your mind at all?

Well, obviously, as it does when looking at any used car.  ;D

£6k seems to be the starting point for E39 M5s which is a bargain, my mate's dad bought a new one around 8 years ago, it cost £67,000!!!

I guess that 20mpg and the prospect of high maintenance costs put people off.  I looked at getting a newish one a few years back but 25,000 miles per year at 20mpg was a bit scary.  Makes a lot more sense as a low mileage fun car.

Surely their values can't drop much lower?

It has to be said, I do feel more comfortable with some savings behind me so there'll be no impulse purchases...........Even, so, I could probably sell in a year's time without losing much cash..........................

• 3 weeks later...

Today there were in denmark advertised exactly three m5's of the same spec as above.  The cheapest one was at 344.000 danish kroner. The most expensive was 419.000 danish kroner. Which in pounds are 37.602,3 GBP for the "cheap" one and 46.339,31 GBP for the dearer.......

Any takers?

Cheers

Nick

Yeah, but doesn't Denmark have a 180% tax rate for car registration?

That'll be the seller trying to get their cash back...

yep - at least 180 %.

plus green fees, which for an M5 mount to about 2000 pounds.

So an M5 will never be a car in my garage as long as I live in denmark.

Cheers

Nick

Maybe not an M5 Nick but the "standard" beemers of the mid 90s are also pretty cheap in DK now so might be an option..

Had my eyes set on a 1994 525 touring, but the missus ruled it out :-(

I had previously made the mistake of statingthat the new daily hack should be no more than 10 years old and have done less than 160.000kms...

sadly the beemer was neither :-(