Sign in to follow this  
oslo_triumph

A110

Finally, i might well have found a forum to take my project seroiusly - bit of an old mans car and handles like a pig on rollerskates atm. but thats what i'm here to rectify. For those that don't know it shares the same basic block as the Austin Healey 3000 just a de-tuned version, so should be plenty of scope for getting more poke when the time and funds allow.

My first aim is to get some kind of semi decent handling, this ain't going to be no track car so i'm talking stiffening it up a bit and maybe lowering it a tad. Lowering blocks on the leaf springs at the back and stiffer lower springs at the front - guess this is the only way to go?

Anybody know what parts will fit - maybe springs from a Healey?

looks like it could be a great car mate! no tech advice from me on them im afraid but would love to see that flying along! get some real grunt out of it!

the photo makes the paint look good doesn't it  - but it isn't - is practically rust free though so that's is one less thing to worry about. Need to get a sealer on the seams underneath and i remember you mentioning some seam sealer on your blog a while ago Dave was it adheseal you used?

It is one of those, if you put your nose really close up to the seat you can just about smell that it's leather, mostly just smells a bit musty  :-/

Funny you should mention the Mafia cos there is a sticker in the passenger window  which reads

Mafia Staff Car no1.

Keep your hands off!

(2guns)(2guns)

been playing with the idea of a 'Rat-rod' look wondering if 16" rims from an Austin FX4 taxi would fit? Not the kind of thing i'm going to find in a scrap yard over here.

Think it looks better without the bumper but not sure the Norwegian regs will let me keep it that way though. Saves about 50kgs too - these cars are built like tanks.

I believe the engine is the same in the MGc's and Peter Burgess had some cheap gas and flowed heads for them on his site the other day in his bargin area/ sale area/

Got tobe worth a chat ?