Oselli Engineering

rfarmery

Curious as to peoples dealings/thoughts with Oselli, i am possibly in the market for a 1380 Fast road engine for a Midget and i simply cannot ignore the cost of an off the shelf Oselli engine, i'm based in the US and having someone modify my exisiting A-Series will cost a little more than buying and shipping from the UK.

A freind did have a similar engine from them in the 80's and it was certainly a flyer.....

O'sillys

I would never use them again, swanky clean shiny workshop, looks nice but someone's paying for it.

Cut a long story short, they converted a Herald 1200 head to unleaded for me, and a valve seat fell out and went through a piston - in Denmark!

They fixed it and insisted on charging me for it, and then it fell out again.

End of.

Wankers

L

Huffaker and APT have been building race wining A series engines in the US for a very very long time if you want an over the top screamer.If you are looking for an off the shelf 1380 cc engine Mini Mania and Seven Enterprises have them and Seven sells Swifttune products.those are only a few of the usual suspects.Point being there are many quality suppliers and possibly one is close to you. Its good to shop for the best value but you will get what you pay for.

Just been looking into the APT website and it seems they have the goods, not the cheapest in the world but as with anything you get exactly what you pay for... APT is only about 500 miles away so just a days drive for me.

Even better wuth Huffaker, they are 10 minutes from the house,.

I'll personally vouch for David Anton at APT.  He will do a good job for you and truly cares about the reputation,  They are top cabin.  I've been using them since Vizard was there.

Huffaker on the other hand, has an equally sound reputation but I have no personal knowledge.  If Huffaker was ten minutes from me I know who I'd be using!! :P

Steve

Thanks for the info about APT, without question they would be my #1 choice if they were not such a distance compared to Huffaker, i will take a trip over to see Huffaker in the coming weeks to get a feel for ther outfit.

Actually Huffaker used to be right in town here but moved out to the old Sears point raceway some time ago.