Jango’s rear end kit

here jango started the new thread for ya

Here is some ford item that i will be fitting to the rear of 2 gt6s nonroto and roto to try

LSD

1.jpg

just got shafts to try and cvs

2.jpg

shafts

3.jpg

spring is going coil overs and cosutmer wish bones etc  hopeing shafts from kit car will fit if not will make new ones

car should be done in 2 weeks i hope then i will do rotoflex gt6 mk3 straight after to try that, then guy from lemans spit copy wants to try them out on all is cars i thinks

rear end gone now

4.jpg

the old rear end off the car

5.jpg

Drawing off the new rear end

6.jpg

top down

7.jpg

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry no, i have guy that does this every day of the week making space frame race cars/drag cars.

Once its done and works it will be on sale as a kit that we will install in to any car that we can fit it into.

pretty radical way to cure the woodruff key  masacre though!  :o:)

I think Jango must be sick of breaking them but he always drives it like he stole it, no half measures here a rear end that can cope with his engine and supra box.

But as said above looking forward to seeing how it is attached to the rest of the chassis???

Jango

Have you considered the increase in wheel track - as by the looks of the driveshaft your using the long/short Sierra XR 4x4 drivshafts and diff - which it the same as mine

If you need any fitted length measurements give me a shout

100_1477_7897.jpg

gt6_06_2008_002_6590.jpg

Hey Jango - admire the radical rear end surgery! Is that your GT6 undergoing the work first?

Might have to come over and see it in action. Who's on the case - you and Matt?

Richard

yes its my

Jango

Have you considered the increase in wheel track - as by the looks of the driveshaft your using the long/short Sierra XR 4x4 drivshafts and diff - which it the same as mine

If you need any fitted length measurements give me a shout

shaft on 1 side will be custom made and other should be kit length so standard track off mk3 gt6 non roto flex

shaft on 1 side will be custom made and other should be kit length so standard track off mk3 gt6 non roto flex

Pressume you are using the 485mm 28 spline short shaft on the long shaft side of the diff and making the new one to go on the short side?

this is certainly intriguing!

will the kit contain all the one requires, then just go to a local man with angle grinder and welder to cut and splice?

(or am i dreaming?)

Yes the hope is that we will have a kit that will fit under spit or gt6 with out cut the floor etc and keeping the same whit of body/wheel arch that we fit to your car or may sell and buyer welds in etc but we think the safe thing is for us to do the job so its perfek four lazered up and corner weights done etc. after my car we have another 2/4 to car that want this setup

Yes the hope is that we will have a kit that will fit under spit or gt6 with out cut the floor etc and keeping the same whit of body/wheel arch that we fit to your car or may sell and buyer welds in etc but we think the safe thing is for us to do the job so its perfek four lazered up and corner weights done etc. after my car we have another 2/4 to car that want this setup

Excellent!

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one; my £5 diff off ebay has lasted me a total of 4 months... (I'm actually quite impressed about this)

but it'd be nice to sort it, and the my car's fixed spring madness all in one go.

:) :) :) :)

• 2 weeks later...
new jig just got to do shock and rose joints

Not sure if you've considered this one - however looking at how the nose of the diff it sits flat relative to the bottom of chassis rails - essentially you have mounted the base of the diff flat to the bottom of the chassis - think you will find the geomtry/angle of the prop too severe - I originally mounted my diff this way - however then had to subsequently modify the front and rear diff mounts to reduce the angle of the nose once having everything nicely powered coated and painted.

If you look at the picture of my set up ? you will see the bottom front diff mounting brackets sit level with the bottom of the chassis (horizontal red line) in the original position the base of the diff sat at the same level - essentially this looks an identical mounting to your jig.

I had then chop the brackets and move up by the amount shown by the vertical red line ? it would be a shame if you had to retro fix the problem once fitted and welded in like I did ? looking forward to more updates

gt6_05_09_009_6755.jpg

how long until your going to fit it up to your car then? that seems really wide is it going to be the same track width as the old setup?

should be on in the next 2 weeks

Track will be same as nonroto gt6 mk3