DCOE vs. DCOM

fastlorrytr

DCOM are emission type, forget them. Good build quality, tricky to tune. They are a Dellorto Emission copy.

I ran some on my 1300, but they were hard to tune, requiring custom made jets.

I don't have any Dellortos in Triple sets, or infact any Dellortos anymore, I have shifted all my stocks now and have no interest in working with carburettors at this time.

I have triple DCOM and they run pretty well, i bought them because they cost a fraction of DCOE at the time, and they were in good nick. Can't do a comparison with original DCOE (or Dellies) though, perhaps Dave can, if he can stir himself out of his uncharacteristic  apathy! I think I prefer them to 151 type (single model 40 made in Spain). As I understand it, DCOM were made by Weber as OEM for Citroen/Peugeot so the quality is assured. I use a DCOM tube (not DCOE) and modified (to Sideways suggestion) DCOM Idle, other than that everything else is normal (blanked off the air bleeds).

He pulls from very low revs without flat spots, has plenty of torque on a 2 litre and revs "round to Smiths" as the old racers say.

Like all triple set ups, the synchronising is the big thing and this is down to the quality of the linkage which, in effect, you will have to sort out as the kits are total shite! It's not the original purchase cost of the carbs you should look at but the total cost of configuring them to your needs that counts. No point in buying cheap carbs if you need to spend £100 per carb on jets/chokes,tubes etc.