Wondered where you'd headed off to.
Ok though it may get a bit long I acquired THA610G in 2004 when it looked something like this:
TR6 at the Ring by ringTR, on Flickr
Some may recognise the rather famous bit of tarmac which was actually responsible for a major assault on my wallet! I spend most of my time in Nigeria where I've worked for donkeys years. But in the middle of 2005 I went off to Hamburg to work on the detailed design of my next project. So as you do I went via UK and picked up the six and for the next four months spent nearly every other weekend driving a long way South to Nurburg where said tarmac is located. As a result of this an extensive wish list of "essential" mods was formulated and the car dropped off with Racetorations for them to do their thing on it for me.
Sadly when the body was lifted off the chassis was shot along with all the matching parts of the floor etc. So... The front suspension turrets were sent off to CTM to be turned into a new chassis and what ensued was:
Triple Weber, fully mapped Omex ignition. Steel rods, forged 77.5mm pistons. 16
row oil cooler and thermostat. St./steel ceramic coated manifold and
supersports system, Alloy sump. Lightened flywheel. Tuftrided crank. Fully modified
unleaded cylinderhead. Block strengthening kit.
Gearbox and Overdrive.
Stag roller thrust conversion and lay bearing improvements.
Uprated 28% reduction A Type. Both units fully rebuilt. Co-axial clutch release kit.
Competition driveshafts. Balanced propshaft. Uprated rear hubs. Salisbury Limited
slip differential. Rebuilt differential. Roller bearing trailing arms.
Uprated coil springs. Rose jointed anti roll bars front and rear. Posiblox.
Quick rack. Uprated poly ,nylon and s/steel suspension bushes. Aeroquip
hoses. All fuel and brake piping replaced. Rose jointed top arms. Alloy
front hubs with new bearings and studs.
New upgraded and strengthened chassis c/w tow eyes. Full roll cage fitted.
5 point full harnesses fitted to chassis/cage.
Repair bodyshell throughout. Fit new floors and sills. Convert for wing
louvers. Make louvers in both front wings . Fit repaired body to new
chassis and realign panel and door fit. Seal, stonechip, undercoat and
paint as required. Fit alloy firewall between driver compt. and boot. Fit
long range alloy foam filled fueltank. Fit aerostyle fuel filler. Fill all
bumper holes in body.Fit new n/s rear wing.
Change loom to accommodate various improvements. Fit electrical cut outs..
Fit increased capacity fuse box. Fit relays for driving lights. Fit new
alarm and immobiliser kits. Move radio to H
section. Fit electronic tacho into existing tacho.
Interior and various.
Fit lighting bar between dumb irons. Fit f'glass covered door panels. Fit
new sub frames and Ridgard sports leather seats. Upgrade door locks.Fit
new leather steering wheel. Repair leaking screen and pedal bushes. Fit
f'glass rad cowl. Fit new Afin rear drums. Fit duck material hood.Fit door
tops without finger top channels. Fit pull handles.Fit fireproof and
waterproof underlay.Fit new crash pads.
All finished off with magnesium Racelites fitted with 205-60-15 Dunlop D84J type R tyres.
Since then the Webbers have gone replaced with EFI and due to needing to have a new engine build after throwing the fan belt at Blyton (ouch!) the cc reduced from 2.7 to 2.6 and the wick turned down a bit, though still managing 155 RWHP according to Dennis Vessie's rollers. Still makes me smile every time I go out in it. I just wish there was more time to enjoy it, maybe once I can hang my boots up.
IMG_0411 by ringTR, on Flickr
IMG_0408 by ringTR, on Flickr
577674005_5f93b91af9_b by ringTR, on Flickr
577673991_a26eb74948_b by ringTR, on Flickr