• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mark

Mark

Fast Driver!

• Supporter!
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:02 PM

I've been looking out for a sheet metal roller as I feel like having a go at banding some wheels.  I went to Enfield Pageant at the weekend and spotted this mini version. The gent I bought it from was a retired engineer and selling off lots of his old tools. He told me this belonged to his dad and guessed it was about eighty years old. It's probably not man enough for banding wheels although he thought if I took it slowly it would probably roll 2 to 3mm but I have my doubts. Although it has had various mods and repairs the more I look at it, it's a quality tool, not like a lot of rubbish produced nowadays.

Attached Images

• IMG_5184.jpg

#2 Nick Jones

Nick Jones

Wise beyond his years.

• Administrators
  • 6,729 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:06 PM

That's nice - I'm jealous!  I'd have bought it if given the opportunity!

Nick

#3 Mark

Mark

Fast Driver!

• Supporter!
  • 332 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:06 AM

Yes, I went on the Sunday of the of the three day show, lucky I spotted it. Lots of people probably thought it was a mangle.  Loads of stalls, lots of tat, but amongst it all some really good stuff. Apparently he used it to roll cones to repair old oil jugs etc. As i walked off with it a trader a few stalls up asked if I would sell it to him but I declined his generous offers as I am sure it will come in handy.

Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users