• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 oldtuckunder

oldtuckunder

Fast Driver!

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:24 AM

For those interested £110.00 for the day extra drivers + £10 so for two sharing a car £60 each isn't bad for a good day out.

Will be there with Vitesse and TR8 so if anyone is around please drop by and say Hi!

http://www.tr-regist...2017-9922-p.asp

Alan

PS. You don't have to be a TR Register member

#2 Nick Jones

Nick Jones

Wise beyond his years.

• Administrators
  • 6,633 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:53 AM

Tempting.........

Nick

#3 zetecspit

zetecspit

Hot Shoe!

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:26 PM

I am booked in.

Bloody spitfire better be there too, not keen on taking the Toledo.....

#4 Nick Jones

Nick Jones

Wise beyond his years.

• Administrators
  • 6,633 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:53 AM

Spent yesterday evening at Castle Coombe as younger son was racing his bicycle there.  It was a warm sunny evening and I was able to walk the track (well mostly not the actual tarmac - 'cause 100s of fast bicycles on it! - the grass along side at least) and we met a very pleasant, chatty and enthusiastic gentleman with RV and race prepped MGB GT in the car park afterwards who'd arrived early for a track day today.

Consequently I just booked in for the 28th..... not done a track day before.....  Hope the Vitesse is feeling strong!  It did at least pass an MoT yesterday - the 28th in my ownership I think.

Nick

#5 oldtuckunder

oldtuckunder

Fast Driver!

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:58 PM

If your using Mintex pads like me, check you have some meat left on them first, or a spare set for afterwards  :yes:

See you there!

Alan

#6 Nick Jones

Nick Jones

Wise beyond his years.

• Administrators
  • 6,633 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:37 PM

Ferodo DS2500s on the front.  They'll be ok.  The shoes at the rear..... might need the dust emptying out and adjusting up part way through though as they're crap.  Or maybe I should invest in some new ones if anyone can point me to a source of known good ones?

Nick

#7 zetecspit

zetecspit

Hot Shoe!

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:25 PM

Excellent news!

So there will be a smattering of small chassis cars there.

Now somebody remind me, do they do a decent breakfast there? I really can't remember, seems a long time ago.

Easy solution is to be sparing on the brakes :o  but a timely reminder to glance at my pads tomorrow when I am under the car (trying) to fit a 3 1/2" silencer between the chassis rails. 

#8 Nick Jones

Nick Jones

Wise beyond his years.

• Administrators
  • 6,633 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:54 PM

While I'm quite pleased it's not going be 28ºC on Wednesday........ pissing rain is a poor swap.  Hope the forecast is wrong!

Nick

#9 oldtuckunder

oldtuckunder

Fast Driver!

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:27 PM

For Castle Combe its currently showing it drying up from mid morning Wed, However Wednesday is long way away!

Vitesse should make it, all back together bar coolant and sensor calibration (Oh plus all the heat shielding) Thought I'd leave it until morning so I don't rush and take time to check everything.

Dropped a new set of Yellow Stuff Pad's in the TR8, I didn't like them on the road or for sprints as they don't have the cold bite of the 1144's, but may be ideal for the TR8 going roundy roundy. Chris was intrigued why I made him scrub the discs clean and then sent him out with explicit instructions how to bed the pads in. Just told him if he didn't it wouldn't have any brakes! It seemed to work  :P

Alan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users