• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 pomwah

pomwah

World Champion!

• Supporter!
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 12:56 AM

Narrabri was always one of our stops between Brisbane and Warrnambool. Instead of skirting the town we'd head in,fill up with victuals and then head out to eat on the road somewhere, Edgeroi going north and the first decent rest stop going south.

#22 GT6 Nick

GT6 Nick

Nick Moore

• Supporter!
  • 806 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:22 PM

Rack.jpg

Can't say I wasn't warned - this whole riding lark is addictive. Since the sun started rising early enough, I've been riding to work on fine days. The ride is on country roads with little traffic and wide open spaces, so once out of town in the mornings, it's just a straight and empty road, and whatever tune is stuck in my head. The Honda uses about 3L per 100km, which is a good excuse  :rolleyes:   The daily 60km round trip means the bike and I have now done over 4000km since August. The gear changing, braking and cornering are coming together nicely, so I've booked my riding test for next month. Time to ditch the L plate.

Since I bought the bike, I've added front protection bars, rear rack, gear indicator, and a glass pack muffler that makes the bike roar, pop and crackle, me giggle and 'roos flee. The next and probably last addition will be cruise control, to ease wrist pain on long trips.

(I should add that the GT6 is still getting plenty of attention. The parts necessary to repair the tow-truck drop have finally arrived from Canley Classics after four months, and I've been fabricating an airbox. But... spend time in the garage or go for a ride... it's hard...)

#23 pomwah

pomwah

World Champion!

• Supporter!
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 03:24 AM

The parts necessary to repair the tow-truck drop

Huh? Did I miss something?

#24 GT6 Nick

GT6 Nick

Nick Moore

• Supporter!
  • 806 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:02 AM

Huh? Did I miss something?

Well, maybe. It's painful and I didn't advertise it... When I moved south, the GT6 came in the furniture truck along with my furniture, because it wasn't quite finished. Much safer than riding 700km on a car trailer. Furniture trucks don't have long ramps for loading cars, so the GT6 was loaded and unloaded with a tilt tray-style tow truck. Unfortunately the idiot at the QLD end didn't strap it down for the brief ride, and it slid off the wet deck of the tilt tray. Yep.

So when it arrived in NSW, it came with a slightly bent chassis, mangled centre valence and smashed over-riders and number plate. I could have had it repaired back in July, but decided that (a) I'd better get the wheel alignment set up after the chassis was straightened to make sure the body shop got it right, and (B) after being dropped on its nose from three feet, the original front uprights might be past their best. The obvious answer was a Canley trunnionless suspension kit, which took four months for the new batch to be made and despatched.

The new uprights are getting painted and fitted this weekend. Unless it's good biking weather  :rolleyes:

#25 pomwah

pomwah

World Champion!

• Supporter!
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:08 AM

I think I would have described that somewhat more floridly than "painful". I hope you made them pay, big time, waking up to a horse's head in your bed wouldn't cover it.

#26 pomwah

pomwah

World Champion!

• Supporter!
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:11 AM

Saturday night, Narrabri, Binky14 watched, NO Indian restaurant!!!! I hope you're keeping busy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users