Spitfire Mk4 1500 Relatively Easy Project

Ok before I go to the effort of either spending a day photographing and advertising properly, breaking it which would be a shame, or decide to keep as a future project, I thought I'd give Sideways members first dibs on this car.

Very nice "T" reg 1500 Spitfire.

I haven't seen an original un-restored one with so little rust.

PO took it off the road about 20 years ago started dismantling for a renovation, then a family and life got in the way and its been dry stored ever since.

Rust?   Floor pans and inner sills are perfect still in original paint, outer sills look good also, its mainly the front end close plates that have rotted. Rear Radius Arm mountings are good. Bonnet is exceptional with just a few small patches of rust front and rear of wheel arches, but I mean so minor that a wire brush and a tiny bit of filler and it would look perfect. Passenger door good, Drivers door has had the skin removed and needs a new one. Rear panel and Valance are very good as is the boot floor except where it joins the inner wings this needs a bit of plating. Boot Lid has rust in corners, but I have a good spare in store somewhere that can go with it. The front quarter valances are steel! and rust free!

Hard Top -  No rust.

Soft Top and Frame, Hood good and un-ripped, Zip out windows a bit cloudy but usable, Frame complete and not sloppy, complete with all it Trims.

1500 engine turns over, reputedly with fast road cam, Twin HS6's & K&N filters

Bell Stainless Twin exhaust system and 4 branch Manifold

4 speed box (but if you cross my palm with extra silver I have a Overdrive GBox, J type overdrive, propshaft, Overdrive Gearlever, mounting brackets etc)

The interior is all there but grubby. Seats are late locking recliners with  headrests, Passenger seat would just clean, drivers seat needs new foams and has a small split between the bottom pad and bolster that I think is an easy repair. But neither seat has any rips in the Vinyl.

The rest of the interior panels are there but they all really need new board backings. Gearbox tunnel has got a bit crushed but may pull out straight even has its original sound deadening bags. 

Dash and parcel shelves just about perfect, even has the scarce factory map reading light. 

Stupid things like perfect rust free window runners and guides and a real rarity side windows with no scratches.

Windscreen has a small crack on passenger edge, but again I have a good spare kicking around to replace it.  

Chrome Bumpers fairly amazing, in concourse terms I recon an 8-9 complete with rust free mounting brackets and bolts.  Just about  hens teeth items these days.

Boxes and boxes of bits!

A project that you could just do a bit of welding on, and a spot of painting, re-assemble and use as a driver, or has the potential for stunning car.

The only downside I'm going to borrow the diff from it until November, unless you have a good 3.63 diff to part ex or I can find another one quickly.

I'm going to be busy for the next 10 days, so if your interested PM me for a chat. After that I decide to either advertise properly or decide to keep as a future project.

Alan