Body To Frame Shims

spitfireguy

If this isn't one of the most stupid questions posed here, I'd be surprised. I was NOT surprised that searching prior to posting I couldn't find anything close.

As I was adding shocks/springs to the front of my 78 Spitfire, depending on the location of where I placed the adjustable spring 'perch' I would have some fender rub. After a lot of adjusting, I noticed that not only the rear of my car leans to the right (passenger side) but so does the front? 

I sandblasted this GT6 frame and painted it, etc, but never bothered to measure it up for square, stupid me #1.

I moved the tub over from a bad frame to this new shiny frame and added the shims and pads per the manual, I believe.

I thought the lean to the right on the rear was the rear spring, but after replacing that, it still leaned. (I had yet to discover the front leans as well.)

Presently, I have three fingers gap between front and rear tire to fender lip on the left, but barely one finger front and rear on the right? The gaps are equal front to rear on each side.

What the heck should I do?  Is it ok to just add a few more shims at the body to frame mounting points on the right side in an attempt to level it out?  What could I have done wrong and what's the best advice to get myself level here?

Mike